1. Is there a minimum age to apply?
You must be at least 18-years old and the applicant must have completed at least one full academic year in college.
2. Do I need to have a special major?
Students from all majors are eligible for the program. However, the corporations with which GatewayScandinavia works may ask for interns with specific backgrounds.
3. Is housing provided, or do I need to find it by myself?
Depending on the employment or internship position GatewayScandinavia or the welcoming corporation will aid you in finding a place to stay. However, housing is not guaranteed.
4. How can I find out more about GatewayScandinavia and your program?
You can always contact us by email or by phone. We will also be present at career fairs at different universities (please check with us or your university’s career center calendar to find out where we will be and when), or you can attend one of our information sessions. You can also find out when and where we will be at your school by activating this link.
5. What about insurance?
All students need to be able to show proof of health insurance coverage prior to departure from the United States.
6. Should I be a graduate or undergraduate student?
Both graduate and undergraduate students are welcome to apply. However, the welcoming corporation might search for either undergraduates or graduates.
7. How should I fund for my internship?
Most corporations will pay a salary to their interns. If this is not the case, the best way to fund your internship is to apply for a scholarship. All university career centers provide information about scholarships and grants.
8. Do I have to pay for room and board myself?
Yes. However, some companies will pay for room and some for travel from and to the office. Some will pay for lunch. All of this depends on which corporation you join.
9. Is there any minimum length for the student to work in Scandinavia?
The minimum length of an internship is 2 months. If the internship is shorter, it is less likely that a true relationship will develop and that the intern and corporation can get the most from the experience.
10. Is there any maximum length for the student to work in Scandinavia?
There is no maximum length for an employment or internship. However, the internships are normally either up to three months during the summer or longer during the spring or autumn. For a stay of more than three months, students who are born outside of the European Union will require a visa.
11. Will it be possible to meet other interns while I’m in Scandinavia?
Yes, the welcoming corporation or GatewayScandinavia will arrange social activities outside of work for all interns in a city to meet each other.
12. Can I apply to more than one program?
Yes, you may apply to more than one program. However, we ask you to specify this in your application as well as your preferred position.